Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Day in "K"

Today Silas got to visit the school he will be attending for Kindergarten. They hold an event called "A Day in K." Each almost Kindergartener was allowed to tour their school and meet their future faculty. This day was much anticipated and it sure didn't let us down!!

We saw what it was like to ride the Big Yellow School Bus









We saw the view from atop the slide..







We found really neat places to learn to read books..



We found the library, and listened to a few stories..









The most exciting part of the day was eating a SCHOOL LUNCH!! We had hamburgers..yum,yum!! I hadn't really thought about how akward it would be for him to carry a tray and open a milk carton.. we have those down pat after today!!






It was really encouraging to see Silas in this setting. He made us very proud, and I am sure that this experience will ease his transition into Kindergarten for me... and him, too, I guess!!



No comments:

Post a Comment